One more for the road. This was also shot at the bowling alley during the Christmas party, though I didn’t really feel that it went with the others. I try to print a copy for each subject though I didn’t see either of these guys last year, so this picture along with a few others that I had spares for, are all hanging up in our office. I’m glad I work at a place that appreciates what I do.
And here’s the alternate because I almost always make one:
So that’s it as far as large format work goes. I did have a few more that I’d developed before the COVID shutdown near the end of March, but I never was able to get them scanned…I also have 12 more sheets waiting to be developed. It will take a while before I’m able to get that done also, but my photo instructor promised to let me back in to finish all that up when this thing is all over. This post was just waiting at the bottom of my queue but since tonight is this year’s “Christmas” party it seemed a fitting time to publish.
If you ever wondered just what I looked like while I’m taking pictures of all those cowboys and jeeps it would be something like this:
Except we wear vests as well; I took mine off to show off my new shirts. I’m becoming a bit of an aficionado of well-made clothing (side-effect of owning a few Nikons?) so have started taking a few style shots here and there.
Back at the beginning of March I took a construction job to keep the cash flowing in. Here is a pic 3 months into my first construction job, and my Made-in-USA Thorogood steel toe boots look like I’ve had them for years and for the most part were very comfortable.
Unfortunately there was a seam where the upper met the toe box that just did not break in, and eventually I had to retire them in favor of a pair of Danner alloy toe boots just to survive the last two weeks I worked there. I don’t miss the job and might go back to it in a traveling position (the money is too good), but I will say it helped me in other ways: I experienced a new way of life, picked up a bit of Spanish along the way, and dropped at least 20lbs.
To be developed: ~40+ rolls of Tri-X (shot starting May 2020), 16 sheets 4×5 film (shot March 2020 or so), a couple rolls of E6 (shot October 2020), some random stuff I haven’t sent out yet like Rerapan (shot sometime in 2020), plus about 16 rolls of Super 8, which I did in fact send off recently (shot back in Summer 2018).
Much to get to. The black & white will take the longest because it’s pretty expensive unless I do it myself and I need to wait to get back into the school darkroom…